Our physical therapists use evidenced based techniques and tools to address factors affecting strength, endurance, balance, and coordination that are individualized to meet each child’s specific needs to maximize their independence with mobility.
Physical therapy evaluation and intervention focuses on factors affecting strength, endurance, balance, coordination and functional mobility in the home, school, and play environments to assist each child in reaching their maximum potential to function independently. Intervention techniques utilized are based on clinical reasoning and expertise, theories of physical therapy practice, family priorities and preferences and evidence-based practice.
Intervention techniques and services include but are not limited to:
- Developmental progression of motor milestones, skills and activities
- Developmental progression of gross motor skills involving movement, mobility, balance, strength, and coordination
- Adaptive and positioning equipment fitting, education, and assistance
- Orthotic development and consultation
- Recreation, play and leisure promotion
- Postural correction and alignment with TheraSuit and TheraTogs
- Whole Body Vibration Therapy and Functional Electrical Stimulation Therapy
- Serial casting for increasing range of motion and alignment and weight line training
- Tone management and motor learning
- Posture, positioning and lifting
- Education of caregivers, clients, and family members