Welcome to the Capable Kids and Families Program!
This program is a free program designed for families with children who have been diagnosed with a developmental disability or delay.
Who Is Eligible?
- Children birth - age 6.
- Children on an IFSP or IEP
- Children with a professional diagnosis of a disability and/or developmental delay
- Children living in one of the following counties: Cole, Moniteau, Morgan, Miller, Callaway, Osage
What can the Capable Kids Program do for my family?
- We offer monthly home visits from a certified early childhood special education teacher.
- We provide developmental therapy equipment through a loan program.
- We offer networking and family activities and playgroups for the entire family.
- We provide resource assistance for various parenting/daily living issues for all members of the family.
- We help in finding specialized medical/healthcare professionals for your child/family.
- We help to locate financial community and state resources.
Click here to access the equipment catalog.
Click here to access our monthly Capable Kids and Families newsletter
For more information or to refer a family, please contact:
Pam Mayfield at 573-634-3070.