Helpful Guide to Early Intervention
If you have concerns about your child's development in any area, please contact:
- First Steps for birth to 3 years......call First Steps for more information at 1-866-583-2392.
- Your local school district if your child is between the ages of 3-21 years.
- Special Learning Center Staff are willing to help guide you to resources and tools at 573--634-3070.
- Other organizations such as Parents as Teachers from your local school district, Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City, Autism Speaks, Touch Point Services in Columbia,Mo, and University of Missouri Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders in Columbia,MO.
SLC Parent Resource Library
Click on Website Resources:
- Developmental Checklist: http://web.mnstate.edu/anderkev/Developmental_checklists.pdf
- First Steps: www.dese.mo.gov/divspeced/FirstSteps
- Down Syndrome Guild of Greater Kansas City : www.kcdsg.org
- Autism Speaks: autismspeaks.org/what-autism/learn-signs
- Touchpoint Autism Services: www.touchpointautism.org
- Thompson Center: http://thompsoncenter.missouri.edu